What we do at our Hydrotherapy Gold Coast clinic
Hydrotherapy or aquatic physiotherapy involves therapeutic exercises in a heated pool prescribed by a Physiotherapist with specialised training.
Our Gold Coast Hydrotherapy physiotherapy clinic is an excellent way to increase strength, ease stiff joints and relax sore muscles. The warmth and buoyancy of the water greatly reduces pressure on joints, making it easier for those with pain and stiffness to perform exercises.
Hydrotherapy offers many benefits to a large variety of people. It is very suitable for rehabilitation following injury or surgery, for arthritis sufferers or for general spinal pain and stiffness. Classes and one on one appointments can be made.
What are the therapeutic benefits of Hydrotherapy Gold Coast patients are seeing?
- Muscular relaxation and decreased muscle spasm.
- Decreased pain due to warmth and support.
- Gravity is countered by buoyancy.
- Increased muscle strength and endurance due to the greater resistance in water.
- Improvement in swelling, due to hydrostatic pressure.
- Enhanced balance and stabilisation.
- Improved enjoyment and confidence to move better.
Some of the many conditions that can benefit from an individualised Aquatic Physiotherapy program include:
- Back pain/sciatica/ lumbar instability
- Whiplash & other neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Balance/coordination problems
- Shoulder and arm pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis & Fibromyalgia
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Back and pelvic pain during pregnancy
- Work and accident related injuries
Aquatic Physiotherapy is not suitable for people with:
- Wound or skin infections
- Gastric virus
- Raised temperature
- High or low blood pressure
- Breathing difficulties
- Heart problems
- Chest infections
Aquatic Physiotherapy is still suitable for people who cannot swim.
To book an appointment at our Hydrotherapy Gold Coast clinic, you can do so online here.