New to Queensland Physio Group at our Worongary Clinic on the Gold Coast.
Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive therapy that uses low-frequency, acoustic shockwaves generated via a handheld device that can assist the body’s natural healing response in tissue that may not have responded to other interventions, rest or medications.
The experienced physios at Queensland Physio Group on the Gold coast will discuss with you whether this new therapy technique could be part of your overall treatment plan and used in conjunction with other manual therapy techniques and or exercise.
The primary benefits of Shockwave Therapy include:
- Analgesia – pain reduction by interfering with the way nerves interpret pain
- Reduced muscle tone – by releasing specific trigger points which are localised taut bands of muscle fibres within the muscle causing tightness
- Improved tissue healing – shockwave causes the release of specific chemicals within the tissue cells that reduce inflammation and pain
- Improved blood flow – repeated shockwaves cause new blood vessel formation to the local tissues which promotes tissue remodelling and repair
There is good supporting evidence that Shockwave therapy can assist with the following conditions:
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendinitis
- Tennis and Golfers Elbow
- Certain Shoulder pathologies
Please discuss Shockwave therapy with your physio at our Gold Coast clinics, if you feel it may be right for you.